Last updated on July 9, 2018.
Which personal data do we collect?
We may collect information from or about you through our websites, software applications, social media pages, e-mail messages, or other digital services (the “Digital Services”), e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase or create a product account.
Contact and Account Information
If you fill in our online contact form or create a user account for one of our Digital Services, we will collect your name, employer, title, email address, physical address, phone number and password upon registration.
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that our Digital Services function properly. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this.
Why do we store personal data?
We use your data for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or product information, information alerts, information about events, or brochures.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding our products and services, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To provide and improve our products and services. We may engage in automated decision-making to enhance the visitor experience and analyze and grow our business. For example, we may tailor mailing lists to certain industry groups or display certain information based on a user’s geographic location.
How do we store personal data?
Your security is a serious concern for us and we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We have implemented adequate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against unauthorized, accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, misuse, disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing. These security measures have been implemented taking into account the state of the art of the technology, their cost of implementation, the risks presented by the processing and the nature of the personal data, with particular care for sensitive data. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact information” section below.
When would we share personal data with others?
We may share personal data with our corporate affiliates and with business partners who provide services related to our Digital Services (such as website hosting or technical support). These business partners do not have the right to use this personal data for any purpose other than those related to the Digital Services.
Retrieving, modifying or removing personal data
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails from us, you may opt out of receiving them by following the opt-out instructions in any marketing e-mail received from us or by contacting us at address in the “Contact information” section below.
When you use our websites, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies from our servers. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Digital Services.
You have the right to ask us to provide a copy of the personal information we hold about you (provided that we may ask you for proof of your identity). You may also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information or to ask us to delete it. We will consider these requests regardless of where you live.
In addition, if you are based in the EU and accessing our Digital Services, then you also have the right to ask us to:
- Confirm whether or not personal information about you is being processed.
- Provide you with details about how we process your personal information.
- Consider your valid objection to the processing of your personal information (including the right to object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing your personal information).
- Update or delete personal information which we hold about you.
- Restrict the way we process your personal information.
- Consider your valid request to transfer your personal information to a third party provider of services (data portability).
- Ask us to treat your consent as withdrawn if you have previously provided us with consent to process your personal information and we rely on it as our legal basis for processing.
If you need help or wish to exercise any of the above rights or have questions about them, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide our response as soon as we can. Please note, however, that personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances where we need to keep processing your personal information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity.
To contact us with a question or comment, to opt out from certain services, or to ask about your ability to exercise your privacy rights described above, please contact our Data Protection Officer via e-mail at email@example.com.